What you should do and not do to stay on the right path of exercise after pregnancy?
DISCOVER 5 IMPRESSIVE BENEFITS TO YOUR OVERALL FITNESS
- Consult your doctor before you exercise after pregnancy.
• Write down your fitness goals as you will more likely stick with a program once you have set some specific goals.
• Eat a well balanced diet that includes ample servings of vegetables and fruit for energy to exercise after pregnancy.
• Break down your meals so you are eating several mini meals per day.
• Assess your current fitness level before you exercise after pregnancy. By doing so, you’ll be able to establish goals that meet your specific fitness needs.
• Talk with your health care provider before embarking on a fitness program, especially if you are struggling with a health condition such as diabetes or obesity.
• Supplement your diet with essential fatty acids by eating two servings of fish per week.
• Choose alternatives to satisfy your cravings when possible. For example, if you are craving something sweet, go for watermelon instead of chocolates.
• Consider frozen fruit over ice cream or opt for a mini chocolate instead of the whole candy bar.
• Remember to stretch before and after your exercise routine.
• Slowly increase the intensity of your exercise after pregnancy.
• Diversify your workout routine. If you do the same exercises all the time, you’ll quickly get bored and be more likely to skip workouts. Everything you need to bring your workout to life.
• Have a workout buddy. You’ll help motivate each other.
• Keep healthy snacks available at all times. You’re less likely to grab junk food if something good for you is nearby.
• Over-train as your body needs time to recover in between workouts.
• Try doing too much at once because you’ll burn out swiftly.
• Skip breakfast. Eating breakfast will jump start your metabolism and provide you with the energy you need to get through the day.
• Skip stretching.
• Skimp on sleep.
• Set unrealistic goals. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. If you have 50 pounds to lose, don’t expect it to come off overnight or you’ll set yourself up for disappointment.
• Compare your successes and failures to others. Everyone is unique, and what works for them may not work for you.
• Work out sporadically. You need a regular workout to maximize the benefits you’ll reap from a consistent fitness routine.
• Give up. Consider talking with a friend in times of discouragement.
• Forget to reward yourself when you have done well.
Always remember to keep an open mind and remain flexible when you exercise after pregnancy. At times you may find it necessary to change your routine slightly. When you are willing to try new things and set reasonable expectations, you’ll reap the rewards of your fitness program and successfully achieve your fitness goals.